Saturday, December 1, 2007

Looking alot like Christmas!

Well, it's beginning to look like Christmas here at our house...We were on a quest today to find our family Christmas tree for 2007. We don't use an artificial tree..it's the real thing for us! All sticky pine needles all over the place...fresh sap on your gloves..And Ahhhh the smell!
So, we packed the family in the truck and headed off. One quick stop at Starbucks for eggnog lattes for mom and dad.. juices for the boys... we were set!
Yes, call us crazy! It's majorly snowing here in the WI! But if you waited for the weather to clear up...you might as well wait till Spring.
Here is the Farm we always go to. This tradition we started along time ago, even when we lived in Georgia!

OOOh...don't we look cold? It actually isn't too bad if you dress warm, last week is when we actually had below zero temps. Today was about 20 something...lots warmer!LOL!
Well, here it is..the Official family tree for Christmas 2007..lovely no? (oh, those are photoshop stars...)

DH..#2..me...

DH was able to get the tree down in seconds! He and I were talking and this is a tradition we just love, we probably will continue to do this even after the boys leave home. On the family truckster... heading home.. hope your weekend is going fabulous!
Hugs to you all.

12 comments:

Nunnie's Attic said...

Great pictures, Christine!! You all look so cold but so happy. Thanks for sharing. And the stars on the tree were great!!

Love,
Julie

Esther Sunday said...

How fun! Looks good - just like North Idaho right now! Your family looks very happy participating in this tradition! Starbucks all the way, baby!

Love said...

yay for cutting down your own real tree!! =)

i love that family photo! =)

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I'm so jealous! My daddy always only had us a real tree but...now?
Your pictures are great :)
Yes! I want a total with shipping so I can see if I have enough in my paypal :)

FarmHouse Style said...

Oh, I am so jelous of the snow!! Looks like a wonderful time:)

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

There's nothing at Christmas that makes me smile more as passing a car on the road with a Christmas tree on top of it. I can't believe that snow you've gotten. BRRRR.

kari and kijsa said...

Great photos! Brrrrrrrr!!! Thanks you so much for ordering! Post photos of your beautiful decorated tree!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

nikki/WhiMSy love said...

Thanks for the tree picking pics! You look so cute all bundled up!!

Monica said...

This post really made me smile. I love the smell of a real Christmas tree, and I can imagine your family having such a wonderful time finding it. The scent of pine just makes the holiday more festive. Do you ever wish for Georgia winters sometimes? lol. It was around 78 degrees here in La. today:)
Monica

blessings said...

I love your pictures! I was so thrilled that we got snow over the weekend! We're not too far from you so we were sharing the same storm! I miss having a real tree but not all the allergy stuff that goes with it at our house =) Blessings... Polly

Tina Leavy said...

looks like a great time. haven't stopped by in a while and wanted to say "hi" hope you are having a great week.

Kimmie said...

Looks like a good time, why didn't I think to get a hot cup of coffee before we set out into the bluster world of Christmas trees?

thanks for sharing your moment of Christmas ;-)

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted