Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Two for Tuesday

Hi!
Hope everyone is staying warm! We've been blasted with some form of snow everyday now for about a week!
I'm going to be really busy tomorrow and I figured I better post two new pieces today to stay on top of my challenge! One new creation each weekday till the 20th of December.

This is actually only the 3rd round charm that I have ever made! There is a split at the top...and there is a wrinkle on the back due to the tape separating but other than that it turned out lovely.
It was fun..I'm going to have to pull my grinder out and see what other kind of shapes I can make!
Here is number 2.. The word peace really isn't smeared, the bevel of the glass makes look that way. This is the first charm that I have ever used fabric, some of the vintage fabric I brought home from my trip! Vintage feed sacks really do come in so many pretty patterns.
Here is the other side of the charm.
The sides are smooth... shiny shiny!!lol
This little guy is 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch.. Peace and Joy and Love..That's what I hope you guys find this Christmas.
Oh yeah..I just received a coupon from DSW.(They really do have great deals there! DSW stands for Designer Shoe Warehouse if anyone doesn't know)..It's my Birthday month..and well, mom was in need of some slippers! Elvis would be proud!! Blue Blue..Blue suede shoes..LOL!
hugs.

6 comments:

blessings said...

Happy Tuesday, Christine. Your charms just get more and more lovely! We're in the ice storm path so I've been creating and baking today. I need about a week straight of stay home days to get some good work done! Hope all is well. Blessings... Polly p.s. you've gotten pretty good with that photoshop! I've asked for it for Christmas and I can't wait to start playing with it!!

Flea Market Queen said...

I am so impressed with your challenges you have for yourself!
Your charms are delightful & gotta love the blue shoes!
Happy Birthday...
Priscilla

Love said...

i love both of those charms! =)

Joelle Dolce Bebe said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment!
Your too kind.
I LOVE your blog & all the inspiration.
Love your charms too.
Joelle XO

Nunnie's Attic said...

You're doing a fabulous job with your December challenge, honey. Bravo!

And as soon as I saw the picture of your slippers I thought of Elvis only to read a little bit and realize so had you!

Love,
Julie

BellaColle said...

Thank you soo much guys!!
Your comments mean the world!!
hugs..