Friday, December 7, 2007

Cookie Exchange

Happy Friday! Yay..It's Friday...goin' out to eat night..movie night with the family.. Thought I'd visit Blogland early today.. Last night, the ladies of our church had the annual cookie exchange. You make 6 dozen, bring it to the exchange and it is split between the ladies there..you get a variety of cookies without the hassle! Fun. Well, we also make the craft that is handed out at the nursing home we always go to closer to Christmas.
We sing Christmas carols and visit with the residents who live there. It really is fun, my boys enjoy it. Well, these three pictures are what we made last night. They are little foam snow men puppets that you can decorate. I made some into Angels...(paints not dry on this one..) You can doll them up with mittens, buttons..etc!
See, here is one dressed like a snow man. #1 actually got into the act!




So, what is this you are probably wondering..Well, it is a Etsy store banner I designed Monday and sold yesterday...YAY! This is a scrumptious store! http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=16240 she makes awesome body care products!


Here is my new for the BellaColle challenge...A banner for an Etsy store. It's a bit elementary..I hope to get better! I want to learn how to cut and place ephemera better.

Anyway... busy day today.. Hope your week was fabulous! Thank you for stopping by for a visit.

Hugs.

11 comments:

Esther Sunday said...

Boy - making banners - I have struggled with that. Yours look soooo nice! Love, Esther

Anonymous said...

Those are the most adorable ginger cookies I have ever seen! I love your charms too! I just started soldering again(cough)!
Denise

A Punkin Card Company said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comments! I know how hard to was for me to get noticed when I first started my cards, so I thought I would return the favor!
Enjoy shopping!

Amy-Razz Pizazz Boutique said...

WOW your banners are full of Vintage Bliss, so fabulous! Have a wonderfully blessed time with your family :)
AMy

FarmHouse Style said...

Yum, what a delcious idea! Love your banners and the snowmen and angels are precious:)

Rhonda

Nunnie's Attic said...

Your little snowmen and angels are so cute! My boys are caroling tomorrow night at a retirement complex. Cross your fingers.

Hope you had a fabulous dinner last night. I might have to contact you about getting a banner for our Etsy store...

Love,
Julie

Monica said...

The cookie swap and caroling sounds like lots of fun. I want to join in...la,la,la,la....okay, maybe not. I never could sing very well. Congrats on your banner sale. I love how they are layered and vintage-y.
Hugs Back:)
Monica

Sweet Remembrance said...

Love your banners...
I have a hard time making banners!
Priscilla

JANET said...

That cookie exchange sounds like a most brilliant idea! However, I doubt I could find enough women around here that would be willing to bake that many cookies to swap!
I think I might be one of a few left who still makes decorate sugar cookies at Christmas.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Your new banner is wonderful! I noticed it right off :)
I was nervous that I'd see something I wanted here today...whew...unscathed for once! I'm broke!

Anonymous said...

Lovely cookies. Love the mad face. :)
Alexandra