Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Welcome to White Corners

Welcome to White Corners. What is that you might ask? I have named our house.... Well, there are those of you who followed our saga of major updating to our 107 year old house in June, which I say thank you. The planning and actual siding started going on well over a year and a 1/2 ago. I purposely picked green because everyone on our street has either; Tan, white, yellow, almond or gray. No one had a fresh green house! Even my hubby was into it and thought it was soo cool and original. Okay... I'm complaining... sorry.. I'm getting to my point.
No sooner had we returned the scaffolding and were basking in our 'new houses' glory than a new house was starting to go up on the other side of the river from us. It belongs to the son of the neighbor across the street. Okay, that's nice... new neighbors.. young family.. The neighbor in question actually came over while we were finishing up the siding and stated "Oh, I just love the color!" Oh this is so nice... folks really like our house... we are so original... HA! Guess what color it is?!!! you guessed it! Green with white trim.... My hope is dashed... lol!! My husband paused for a second or two but has since moved on...I told my friends at church and some understand, some don't... Please forgive me everyone but it's like showing up to prom in a dress you painstakingly searched for months for and your arch nemesis shows up in the exact one! AGGH!lol!!
Well, I will rise above the occasion... I will hold my head up high! We were green first!lol! At least they had the decency to NOT put the white corners on... so, the name! Hence from this day forward this land shall be called 'White Corners' ... and all the peasants shouted "Hurray!"

8 comments:

Kara said...

I totally understand, that is so painfull, you have been so individual and someone has ruined it.
May I say, your house is amazing and you lawn oh I love american houses, how gorgeous.
Kara
xx

Janice said...

LOL You crack me up! I think your house is beautiful. :o)

Laura Bray said...

I love the idea of naming your house. My parents' house is called Trails End Ranch. I live in a tract home, so naming it seems ridiculous. We're not even allowed to stray outside a certain color scheme, so I have to limit my creativity to the inside.

Brin said...

Ah, don't you hate that? Regardless of who paints what green, I'm sure your house will be the most loving, warm home on the block. Besides, how could your home NOT be the best with a name like "White Corners"? :D

Seriously, your home is gorgeous! Congratulations on a renovation beautifully done.

Brin
www.messythrillinglife.blogspot.com

BellaColle said...

Oh thank you everyone! I know it's silly! just having some fun! :)
What matters is the 'Heart' of the home...

pamela michelle said...

it looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

just think of it as a compliment:) your home is beautiful. so charming. i can imagine the summertime cookouts. that lawn calls for an old fashion sack race!

nikki/WhiMSy love said...

White Corners is beautiful bella! Your home looks amazing-lawn & all. When do we get invited to the house party?
I also love that you name it. We rent. It's a duplex. But heck, I'll name it anyway!