Thursday, July 19, 2007

Snowballs in Summer

My Hydrangeas are in full bloom I must say! Don't you think these gorgeous flowers look like big snowballs? I do. I've never been able to get the pink or blue ones to grow well. Now that our house is green and white, these match.LOL!
I was having my quiet time this morning and was just admiring them out my kitchen window. I want to find some way to dry these beauties and put them on my Christmas tree this winter! I've never had much luck drying them. Either they turn brown and rot or the little petals shrivel up. I've only been able to dry one bunch. Any suggestions?
So, we get to enjoy these lovely snowballs all over our house for now! These lovelies are sitting next to my computer...
Cheers!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my........
Now I am jealous, Hydrangeas is one of my favorite flowers, the only way we can get them here is in a POT, this year is the first time that I put them outside in the shade, so-far they are still green, you have to consider that everything not tropical burns, even in the shade. How lucky you are!!! But how to preserve or dry, them no idea. Good luck for the next bunch.

BellaColle said...

Hello, mum!
aww, I have them coming out of my ears! The white ones atleast... I think they will look so neat on the tree this year. You should share a pic on your blog of yours! ;P

Monica Yvette said...

Beautiful Hydrangeas. I only wish I could grow them, but I think they are too finicky for my black thumb. Great new banner, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Ooooohhh nooo,
my yard this year is a mess, with all the work in and around the house. We have to plant twice a year for different season's, summer and summer

Anonymous said...

Wow you have been busy since I last visited!

Your flowers are beautiful, they look so dramatic.
I remember my mum used to tell me her Grandad used to put blue ink into the soil next to his hydrangeas to colour them. Not sure how I feel about that kind of manipulating nature! But as a kid it sounded very cool!
Hope the weather is better where you are than here, there's a huge thunderstorm going on now.
You gotta love the UK!
X

Love said...

oh, i love those!! so pretty! =)

nikki/WhiMSy love said...

Beautiful!! I'm not sure how to dry them. Why do I remember hearing that you just leave them in the vase of water & let them dry naturally? I could be wrong. I'm sure I'm wrong. Google it!!

Anonymous said...

those hydrangeas are beautiful. so pretty.

Unknown said...

I love this flower also and have them in front of our home. I googled how to dry them and they about.com had some pretty good ideas. Good Luck!