Monday, July 30, 2007

Biggest Baby!

Can anyone say SH-E-L-BY?!! I just wanted to share the one member of our family that I haven't written much about. This one is like having a perpetual Two year old. AGGGHHH! Anyone who says these dogs are big and scary hasn't meet this one! Oh my goodness...
As I write this, she is at my feet.... waiting to be petted! The things she lives for is ; FOOD... Lovin'...more FOOD...playing... and more Lovin'! I was scared of her when we first got her. Shelby was three months old when we first got her, she was big even back then! We have had her for going on 4 years now and I have totally changed my perception of the German Shepherd breed. I tell ya' she thinks of herself as a lap dog and this big cow wants nothing more than to please us. She does have her quirks don't get me wrong, like having to have a ball toss so she will go potty! Aggh, when it's -30 I AM NOT THROWING A BALL! just go 'okay...She has to be entertained constantly or she will whine like a bird! Seriously! like a bird!
She is fun sometimes though... She will play ice hockey with you! here is a couple of pictures of #3 and her. You slide the ice and she will bat it back to you! Slide the ice again and she loves to scarf it up and eat it!
She even pounces like a cat! This piece #3 just slid to her, she jumped like a cat on it. So, my husband gave her the nick name "Shmelby cat". We have tried to breed her a couple of times but we didn't have all the paper work yet... Well, all of our ducks are in a row... Soo, she is supposed to go into heat at the end of the month.. Hurray! ( :( Yuck) and maybe we can have some puppies soon.... It is my husbands idea, so you know who is gonna have to deal with it! ME.. oh well..

Well, I hope everyone had a great weekend! I've got some new works to share soon..
Tootles.

6 comments:

Monica Yvette said...

Aw! What a pretty dog. She sounds like a character.

Anonymous said...

Love the dog, tell me about being afraid of German Shepherds, I have a deadly aversion to them, and it goes back one hundred years. But she is a beauty and she sounds like fun. Mosaique par.....

BellaColle said...

monica yvette, she IS a pretty dog, AND a character! cosmic, well... I'm sorry for your fear! Like I said in my post, I was afraid when we got her because I was expecting a puppy bark out of her...and out came this big 'ole scarry bark! truely I was afraid... ready to take her back where she came from... but! if you get a good breeder, then you will have a good puppy! she is our baby... I never thought I'd say this...(I'm not really an animal person) Please forgive...She would protect us... but wow, this breed IS a good dog...and Shelby is a sweety! anybody who is a friend, she just loves and gives kisses......

Kara said...

Ahh what a cutie, German Shepherds aren't scarey at all, we have always had a minimum of 3 dogs at least that are all big, at the mo we have little dogs and they are even scarier.
Kara
xx

BellaColle said...

Yes Kara! Those little ones make me nervous! lol!

nikki/WhiMSy love said...

YAY! Puppies!