Monday, November 12, 2007

Little Experiment

Hello! I hope everyone's Monday is going well... I thought I'd try a little experiment. I have read several place that there are some who make the soldered charms, don't use varnish! Okay...I'm thinking I can just see the flux seeping into the picture and making it totally melt.
Sooo, I made two..one with varnish and one with out... the one I put the varnish on is a bit faded and I really didn't feel like foolin' with it! This little lovely is the one without the varnish!!
She is just as clear...not faded and no spots!
Here is a peek at the back! shiny shiny!!
So, I learned today that I CAN make some charms without having to use varnish to seal the picture to the glass button. There is nothing like spending sooo much time on a picture you think is going to turn out sooo beautiful and have it fade because of the varnish..
This lovely vintage lady is almost 1 and 1/2" inches in diameter. I think she would make a sweet Christmas tree ornament. What do ya think?
Well, gotta fly!
hugs.

12 comments:

Counting Your Blessings said...

I love, love, love it!! I wondered about the varnish thing when you've mentioned in the past. Sometimes I decopouge (sp? - oh, you know, like hodge podge) a picture to something and, you're right, the varnish messes up the picture. Glad you found a way around it!! Blessings... Polly (p.s. did you notice that I had your charms in a post the other day? I've not been feeling real well yet so I'm not caught up on reading all the comments)

Barbra said...

Lovely, as usual!

Nunnie's Attic said...

I think she's beautiful!

Love,
Julie

Cote de Texas said...

These are so pretty! Very interesting. Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog.

Your blog is very pretty - very pretty indeed!

Thanks again,
Joni

Dori said...

That is a very sweet charm! Don't you love a successful experiment?! :)

Dori said...

That is a very sweet charm! Don't you love a successful experiment?! :)

BellaColle said...

Thank you sooo much guys!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I love it! How pretty!

KARA said...

woohoo for the worlds most amazing charm maker, love it and glad you have resolved an issue I know has been bothering you.
Love the girl too cute
kara
xxxxxx

Sweet Remembrance said...

She is lovely!
I don't know anything about soldering or the making of these charms other than I love them!
But your experiment was a success!
Priscilla

Kari & Kijsa said...

We agree....save a step....she looks incredible...your stuff is so yummy!!!! Love the Christmas charm you are working on for Julie.


Smiles, kari and kijsa

queen of the carnivale said...

She is absolutely lovely!!! I don't think you could do a better job!