Thursday, November 29, 2007

Window Bling and Nest!

Hi! Happy Thursday to ya!...I'm a bit frazzled... been tryin' for a half hour now to upload and post this... oh well...not like I'm missin' my favorite show or anything..Only in 'Packerland' would they pre-empt a show for the beloved Packers... I just love CSI Las Vegas! Humf.... no fair....SOOOO here is my post for Window Bling! I found these fab ornaments at Target yesterday, and well, I just have a thing for my windows right now. These windows are original to the house all 107 years!


I have stripped my curtains off and just started putting things on the window ledge.. I love the light that shines through! There are 6 original windows here on the ground floor, for some reason DH and I can't get rid of them..Oh yeah, if you look real close, you can see with this ornament I used a soldered charm I made. I'm thinkin' white for this years colors for Christmas, I'm just in a basic mood lately. So more on our decorations later..I love what Phyllis says about Christmas, to paraphrase: " If we don't get it all decorated, Jesus would have still been born." She is soo right! visit her blog...http://www.shabbyinthecity.blogspot.com/

Sooo... to get to my challenge post..here it is! DH got in on the act...I'm trying to post a new creation every week night till Dec 20th. I have several friends who have requested my nest charms.. one fab friend in particular has requested "7" in a Nana Nest... I think it turned out very nice... we can work a bit more on the wire wrapping. I had my doubts actually if we could make 7 fit.
Not bad... These little charms are soo unique! I have another friend who has ordered 3 for her sisters for Christmas! Moms and Grandmothers in your life will just love the sentiment behind these beautiful charms...
Hope your week has gone well! Hugs to you all!

8 comments:

Monica said...

Hmmm...Target, you say? Very nice window deco. I love the way old window panes are wavy and have little bubbles in them. I wouldn't replace them either. So much charm.

Nunnie's Attic said...

I love the decorations Christine. And I just had to let you know that I'm wearing my charm! I loved the little bow you put on it and I thought, hmmmmm? So instead of a chain I used red ribbon to wear it. I'll have my mom take a picture of it for me. Pathetic, I know. I can't even take a picture because of my camera issues.

Love,
Julie

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Awww man!!! I want everything I see....what to do...can you tell me what it would cost for one bar of soap...one glitter eiffel tower and one bird's nest??? Let me then see if my paypal can carry the load LOL :)

kari and kijsa said...

Love your window bling...so much fun!

BTW...we toasted you and all your fabulousness on our blog today!

Have a blessed day!

smiles, kari and kijsa

Love said...

you did do 7....yay! i'm off to e-mail you now. =)

Anonymous said...

Your DH looks so intent. :) I haven't asked Santa for anything this year but I am thinking I really need one of your nest charms. Especially since my boutique is called theVintageNest. I can't find them on your website though. Help! ~ Lynn

BellaColle said...

Your so welcome Julie!

Amy said...

i love love love the nest charm!