This is how we spent our Wed. evening... #2 and #3 are official Boy Scouts. This is a venerable institution in the U.S. that still to this day instills character and values in young boys that is so badly needed this day in age.
Nope, Scouting isn't just for camping and singing songs 'round the camp fire.... "Scouting 12 core values"
1. Citizenship: Contributing service and showing responsibility to local, state, and national communities. ( okay, how many of us are doing that?)
2.Compassion: Being kind and considerate, and showing concern for the well-being of others.
3. Cooperation: Being helpful and working together with others toward a common goal.
4.Courage: Being brave and doing what is right regardless of our fears, the difficulties, or the consequences.
5. Faith: Having inner strength and confidence based on our trust in God.
6. Health and Fitness: Being personally committed to keeping our minds and bodies clean and fit.
7. Honesty: Telling the truth and being worthy of trust.
8. Perseverance: Sticking with something and not giving up, even it it is difficult.
9. Positive Attitude: Being cheerful and setting our minds to look for and find the best in all situations.
10. Resourcefulness: Using human and other resources to their fullest.
11. Respect: Showing regard for the worth of something or someone. ( okay, we all need to refresh ourselves with this value.)
12. Responsibility: Fulfilling our duty to God, country, other people, and ourselves. (Amen)
I'm so glad we are able to live in a place that still embraces these values...