Monday, September 10, 2007

Circles

I finally started up the glass grinder my hubby got me a bit ago... I have been trying to learn how to cut circles.
I actually was able to get the 1" circles out of the sheet of glass with out them splintering!! There where a few shards on the edges and this is where the grinder came in. Hurray!

Ta Dahh!! They aren't perfect... but these are my first ones and I am soo excited!
These two circles are from 1" squares! I ground them down!! I'm going to try and see if I can get a little smaller.
So, here is my first circle charm. I think it turned out soo neat!!

Here is the back! I'm really excited because these are the thinnest edges I have ever done. Here is the edge of the charm. There is one pesky seam on the bottom, but all in all...nice and smooth.
What do ya think? Hope you will come back later today, we will be having an after school tea party!

4 comments:

Nunnie's Attic said...

That's amazing! Pretty soon you'll cutting diamonds!!

Love,
Julie

Kara said...

well lookie at you miss glass cutter extrodinare, what a star you are, think you should put your name in lights.
great job, its super neat, pat on the back.
kara
xxx

Keely said...

Oooo...you have one of those delux glass grinders with a face shield! I wish mine was that nice!

Creating glass circles...you go girl! I know that is SUPER tricky! Your charm looks fantastic! And congrats on becoming an "official" seller : )

erin said...

I am so jealous!!! I wish I could cut my own circles?

Any interest in selling me some? LOL