Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Saturday...

This is how I spent my Saturday... spackling and painting and sanding and some more painting. I haven't been able to sit down and create for awhile.... I am longing to do so. Some folks have probably grown quite bored, I am so sorry... but this is my life... and I think it is beautiful. We are readying our home to sell and take the next big step God has for us..He only knows and that is okay.

It is amazing all the little holes and cracks I have found today! lol! One wall in particular was kinda hard to paint over.... it is the wall that we measured the boys every so often on. We would measure them and write a little something important by the date.."#1 almost as tall as dad"..."#2 first time riding a bike"... "#3... potty trained..." So many more entries on that wall... we all took a moment today remembering each time.. 7 years seem to have slipped by in an instant gazing up at the wall...But you know, it's okay. The paint may be able to cover it up on the wall, but it will never cover up the wonderful memories we have had here.

We are looking forward to the next step..the new place God has for us. Dh has actually finished quite a few classes and is doing well in college.. School for the boys will be ending in a few months.. Spring is coming.. I was able to look out as I was painting the hall window today and saw some grass!! lol... not a big patch.. but it's there and as each day I can see more and more of it, I will embrace the wonderful rebirth.. of the land and our family.
Happy Saturday.
Xo

4 comments:

Cottage Contessa said...

Wow, good for you sweetie! We are in the process of getting ready to take a leap of faith too. It's kind of scary, but also very exciting to see what God's plans are for us! Have a wonderful week!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Monica said...

Sounds like you're hard at work, Christine. I'll be following you there soon if this move will ever get settled for us. Have a great week:)

FarmHouse Style said...

Hey, you sweet girl! I'm so glad that you are excited for the next steps:) But, I don't know how in the world you painted over that wall....I would have cried my heart out!! I teared up just reading about it, LOL! I am such a sentimental fool.

BTW thanks for asking about me after the storms. It was a very frightful day. We went through 5 tornado warnings, but luckily only had some strong wind and small hail. God was truely wathching over us:)

Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!
~Rhonda

Esther Sunday said...

So nice to see the lovely face of the lady that makes my yummy soap! Love, Esther