Monday, May 14, 2007

Vintage for Father's Day



Well, I have created my first card,I know we just got done with Mother's day...forgive. I used vintage dictionary text as well as vintage buttons and a copy of a vintage picture I have (couldn't bring myself to use the original yet, he's too cute...lol) I made it with my dad in mind...the colonel. Hope he likes it. I am going to keep trying to create some cards as I go, do you think it is more personal to get a hand made card or does it matter? I like home made cards myself, it makes me feel that person took special time out to think about me... I really don't like e-cards. I'm sorry, I just think they are sooo impersonal, like the person dosen't care. Sorry if that's mean. I want to renew the hand written letter as a tradition!

6 comments:

nikki/WhiMSy love said...

Oh bella! This card makes me smile & laugh!! It is GREAT!!!
I love using old buttons & papers & other old things in my cards!

bellacolle said...

Thanks nikki!!
A new frontier for me..lol,
I appreciate you.

create smiles...one heart at a time. said...

bella...all i could do was smile when i saw this card. it's so whimsical. such a "guy" card. great job for your first. hope there's many more to come.

tumbleweed & rose handmade said...

silly me (from the previous post)...how did my tag line become my blog name?

by the way...can't wait to see your new website. i know it will be as lovely as your product.

Karen Beth said...

I LOVE handwritten cards and am glad you are helping to bring them back! :)

Monica Yvette said...

Aw, that's cute. I think handmade cards are definitely the more personal and special way to go. It certainly takes more thought and care.