Friday, May 18, 2007

Look what my son made me do!




Well, after much whining and begging, my oldest son cornered me into making this house for a social studies project. That was a week ago, he tells me last night " oh, by the way mom my house is do tomorrow!" Uhh, I can't work like that...

So, after spending 3 looonnngg hours at the ball field with #2 son playing, all 4 of us crawl home cold and tired, (My hubby was at work) this was at 9pm, #1 son and I proceed to make this little soldered house. I have never made one before, I like it actually. It is askew, quirky kind of like me!lol.

It took us 3 hours to make it. I had fun, but I'm alittle sad this morning... I got to spend some time with #1 son, and he is definitely not my sweet little boy anymore. He just turned 15 on Wed. and feels he could rule the world! I know I'm not the only one dealing with a teenage boy... Won't be the last.

Don't get me wrong, I love all three to death! but as my friend Debbie once said and I didn't have a clue when she said it.." The kids turn 14-15 years old and they loose their mind! It's like invasion of the body snatchers!" Well Debbie now I know exactly what you mean!LOL!!!

Anyway...with much prayer I know my three will come out relatively unscathed! Blessings to all of you, And especially to those of you who have successfully raised children!

Have a great Friday everyone!

8 comments:

Karen Beth said...

That wee house is just precious! What great work! :)

bellacolle said...

Thank you so much! I really had fun making it.

Only a Paper Moon said...

thanks for the lovely comment, your blog is enjoyable to read as well, and I just love the jewelry you make! By the way, the house is took cute! Great Job!

Ulrike M Martinez said...

Great job, you are so lucky to be able to raise your children, some of us were not that lucky. Keep up the good work ;)

Monica Yvette said...

Aw! Love the little house. You could probably turn it into a little arty doll abode once your son gets his grade for it. The older I get, the more I see what I put my parents through. Many last minute projects and an inflated teenage ego. lol. Have a great weekend!

nikki/WhiMSy love said...

Hey bella! How cute! How big is it? I'm curious to know...

TheMomInTheFamily said...

Love this post! I completely understand. I have a 16yo dd. She's wonderful. And she used to be really smart... then she became a teenager and the hormones killed all her brain cells. lol But we still love her! She's going to Peru this summer on a missions trip. Anyway, I came by to tell you that I posted your card on my blog with links to your blog and Etsy store. Thanks! Love to see more projects!

msbelle said...

Oh, I dread when mine gets to that age. He's still 5 and loves to cuddle. I'll miss these days.
Great house! I want to learn to solder!