Saturday, February 2, 2008

On being a mother...A quote

"In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul." - Lisa T Shepherd

I found this quote recently and it was as if this lady was speaking right to me. I wanted to share it with you guys. See, #1 is going to another school dance (Can you remember the last one? not so good..)... #2 is hitting puberty..(Ughh..the testosterone..) and well..#3 is still my baby and he's just growing up waaay to fast!




I think I have lost my mind sometimes... I forget how to spell things, I was alllllwaaays good at spelling! Sometimes, when I walk into a room I forget why I came in there then I have to walk back out to remember why I came in that room in the first place. Sometimes... this is really bad... I'm trying to correct one of them and I can't get the name out! lol! "You...what ever your name is..stop doing that!!" I shriek in a howler monkey sort of voice!


But, at the end of the day...When I look into their eyes...I wouldn't trade it for the world! My goodness...The good Lord used me to create these amazing young men! Each one unique with their own talents and skill, thoughts hopes and desires. The insanity is far out weighed by the blessing each one is...I can only hope to rise to the calling.

Anyway.... I pray #1 has fun at his dance..a sweet young lady from our church is going with him tonight. #1 and sweet young lady are more like cousins..they have known each other since they were waaaay young..she graduated from high school this past year and is now currently in college here..when she learned how nasty people are at #1's school.."Well, we will just go and have a blast.. show those folks how to have some fun." And get this, Sweet young lady's boyfriend knows aalll about it (Nice gentleman, I'll call him). Nice gentleman has taken #1 under his wings..Nice gentleman is only 19 as well..but is a godly young man. It just makes a mother's heart burst when the good Lord puts amazing people in your children's' lives like this....my soul is singing

Soooo.... just wanting to share tonight.. Hope your weekend is going well.

XO!!


2 comments:

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

What a sweet post, time does fly! It's great when your kids are happy and have positive influences in their life and your heart sings - you go girl! ..And thanks for the hug.
Tracie

oh yes, don't worry about the memory thing... you get lots of exercise going from room to room!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I feel your relief and joy over the amazing friendship of that couple. Wow. That is so sweet. i could have used some people like that around me in H.S.
I keep forgetting that you and I both have 3 boys...I've heard there is a special place in heaven for us LOL! I'm ready :)